We, the Wildgrain team, wanted to share with you our full commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, antiracism, and access to nutritious food.
As a team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, we believe that being open to working hard and learning are important factors that make a great team. However, equally as important, we believe, is creating an environment where all team members, regardless of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, disability, or age, feel a sense of belonging and that their diverse experience is valued.
Our small but mighty team is composed of people of color, immigrants, women, and people from non-traditional backgrounds. We have taken the following action steps to ensure that equity, diversity, inclusion, antiracism, and access to nutritious food. are all embedded in the structure and culture of Wildgrain:
- We pay above Massachusetts’ minimum wage for our production roles.
- We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance for all team members regardless of level.
- We hire team members from non-traditional backgrounds at both the leadership and production levels.
- We do not require that team members take drug tests.
- We allow flexible work schedules so that any team member who wants to pursue education advancement can.
- We mentor team members in education and career advancement.
- We conduct wage equity audits periodically.
- We make Election Day a paid holiday in our company.
- We pay for employee work expenses upfront with a company credit card rather than use a reimbursement system.
- We do not include the felony conviction box on job applications.
- We do not include level of experience in our job postings.
- We provide paid parental and sick leave for team members.
- We include representation of hourly employees, women, and people of color in all employment policy decisions.
- We donate 6 meals for every new subscription to the Greater Boston Food Bank, because we believe in equitable access to nutritious food.
Beyond these action steps, we are open to feedback. Please email us at email@example.com if you have suggestions for additional action steps we can take as we grow.
The Wildgrain Team