How Wildgrain Works
Meet the first bake-from-frozen membership for sourdough breads, artisanal pastries, and/or fresh pastas.
Reschedule, skip, or cancel at any time.
Freezer to table in 25 minutes or less.
Free shipping with dry ice for every box.
4.9 Star Support
We love taking care of our members.
Your Wildgrain Box
1. Start your membership by choosing the Mixed Box or the Bakery Box.
2. Your Wildgrain Box gets delivered right to your door every month.
3. Store the bread, pasta, and pastries in your freezer. When you’re ready, cook or bake in under 25 minutes!
You can also change the delivery frequency, skip, or cancel your membership at any time.
An example Wildgrain delivery includes:
- 1 Plain sourdough loaf
- 1 Sesame seed sourdough loaf
- 1 Slow fermented olive oil Ciabatta
- 1 Fresh Tonnarelli (12 oz.)
- 1 Fresh Fettuccine (12 oz.)
- 10 Apple pie bites
- 4 Croissants
Your Wildgrain Membership
By becoming a member, you’re eating healthier products, supporting a small business and helping reduce food waste.
- Replace Your Carbs With Nutritious + Clean Options: All of Wildgrain products are made with clean ingredients that are easy to understand and contain no preservatives. Our sourdough bread provides many health benefits. Our fermentation process digests the majority of the gluten; for this reason, some people with gluten sensitivities find that they can easily digest and enjoy sourdough bread. Sourdough bread also contains lactic acid, which helps your body better absorb nutrients like calcium, magnesium, and iron. Lastly, it contains prebiotics, which keep your gut biome healthy and also increase the bioavailability of nutrients.
- Save Time in Your Day: Your Wildgrain membership will save you time in a multitude of ways! We deliver right to your door, saving you extra trips to the grocery store and bakery. And since all of our food is delivered frozen and ready to be cooked, you get to skip over the time-intensive process of making sourdough bread and fresh pastas and pastries and just enjoy. Lastly, everything can be cooked from frozen, so you don’t need to wait around for the items to thaw.
- Enjoy Homemade Freshness: Your tastebuds will never be the same. There are few feelings as satisfying and comforting as taking a freshly-baked, homemade loaf of bread out of the oven or digging into fresh, homemade pasta or pastries. With a Wildgrain membership, you can now have this feeling any time you want.
Like with organic produce or grass-fed, free-range meats, there's always a higher price tag. But the price reflects the increased quality and subsequent health benefits of the food. Our products contain important nutrients, such as fiber-rich bran, proteins, and vitamin-rich germs, that you’ll never find in supermarket carbs.
Plus, Wildgrain has an added value over brick-and-mortar specialty stores in that we save you time in your week because we deliver right to your door! And we know nothing is more priceless than saving time.
1. The Crunch Check!
Remove the loaf from the oven. Lightly press down on it. If you feel the loaf give a little and hear a crunch sound, the loaf is likely ready to be taken out of the oven for the 30 minute waiting period.
2. The Tap Check
Remove the loaf from the oven. While holding it in one hand upside-down, tap on the bottom of the loaf with your other hand. If you hear a hollow sound from the center of the loaf, the loaf is likely ready to be taken out of the oven for the 30 minute waiting period.
Frequent stirring is key to ensure the frozen pasta properly separates, we recommend:
- Using a larger pot than you normally would so there’s a larger amount of boiling water.
- Bringing the pot to a very strong boil before putting the pasta in. The frozen pasta will cool the water slightly when you put it in, so it’s important for the boil to be strong.
- Stirring the pasta frequently, especially at the beginning to help it separate faster.
- We save a cup or two of pasta cooking water. It’s a great way to loosen up the sauce, making it extra smooth and velvety.
High Altitude Cooking
For our pastas, you may have to extend the cooking time by a few minutes, since pasta takes longer to cook in high altitude locations.
Our pastries taste best when they’re freshly baked, so we recommend only baking what you plan to eat at one time.
If your Croissants arrive slightly flattened, as long as they're still cold to the touch upon arrival, you can put them in your freezer and bake them as normal. They'll still puff up when baked!
High Altitude Baking
We recommend baking one first as a test to see if they bake properly from the instructions on the label. If not, adjust the instructions by lowering the temperature and prolonging baking time so that the next time, the pastries will end up golden brown.
Wait at Least 30 Minutes After Baking
We know it’s hard to resist, but slicing a warm loaf of bread too early will result in a gummy and sticky crumb inside.
Don't Store in Refrigerator
Homemade bread stales faster when it’s stored in the refrigerator.
Store in a Box, Paper Bag, or Towel
Bread boxes work great if you have one. If you don’t, no worries! You can store the loaf by wrapping it in a clean kitchen towel or by putting it in a paper bag. Make sure to keep the stored loaf in a dry place and to have its cut-side facing down.
Eat Fresh on Baking Day, Toasted Later
We recommend eating your bread fresh the first day, and then lightly toasted the following days. You can also slice the entire loaf on the first day, freeze the slices, and then toast the slices as you need them!
High Altitude Baking
There shouldn’t be an impact on baking any of our parbaked breads and rolls since they’ve already risen.
If you do have leftover pastries, we recommend:
- Storing the leftovers the same way you store the bread: in a bread box, wrapped in a clean dish towel, or in a paper bag.
- If you’d like to give your leftover pastries a little refresh, you can put them in the oven for 5 minutes at the same oven temperature that was on their instructions.
Before storing your leftover pasta in the fridge, allow it to cool to room temperature within an hour of cooking.
Properly stored in an airtight container, cooked pasta can last 3-5 days in the fridge.
If you have plain pasta leftovers, we recommend coating the noodles in olive oil before putting them in the fridge to prevent them from sticking.
If you have leftovers of pasta cooked in sauce that you don’t want to eat in the next few days, you can store the leftovers in the freezer for up to a month!
- Allow the leftovers to cool to room temperature within an hour of cooking.
- Put the leftovers in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to one month.
- When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, put the freezer bag in warm water to thaw before reheating them on the stove or in the microwave.
All of our food is made with clean ingredients that are easy to understand and contain no preservatives. Beyond being clean replacements for your favorite carbs, our sourdough bread provides many health benefits. Our fermentation process digests the majority of the gluten; for this reason, some people with gluten sensitivities find that they can digest and enjoy sourdough bread. Sourdough bread also contains lactic acid, which helps your body absorb more nutrients (e.g. calcium, magnesium, and iron) than your body would from non-sourdough bread. Lastly, it contains prebiotics, which keep your gut biome healthy and also increase the bioavailability of nutrients.
While we use organic flours, seeds, and grains as much as possible, not all are organic. Because of specific recipes, and supply chain reasons, we're sometimes unable to rely on organic ingredients for some of our products.
However, all our flours are unbleached and non-GMO. We never use flours that have been treated with bleaching agents like benzoyl peroxide or chlorine gas to speed up their aging process.
When we do not use organic flours, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that non-organic flours must have the following nutrients: 2.9 milligrams of thiamin, 1.8 milligrams of riboflavin, 24 milligrams of niacin, 0.7 milligrams of folic acid, and 20 milligrams of iron. This is a public health initiative in 44 countries worldwide as a solution to common nutrient deficiencies in the general population.
You can read more about this in Sec. 137.165 on the FDA website.
Free Croissantsfor Life!🥐
Free Delivery · Cancel anytime
* 4 free Croissants in every box of membership. Offer valid for new/canceled members only. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Offer valid until 3/31/23 or while supplies last. Wildgrain reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time in its sole discretion and substitute another promotion in its place.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection